Sharing some do’s and don’ts to help you get the best images from your wedding day.
- Make sure you come to the pre-wedding meeting! This is when I’m going to gather a lot of important information. Including back up contact details and your shot list.
- Know what’s important to you! Is there a particular family member you really want a picture with? Are bridal prep images important to you? What do you want from your wedding photos?
- Let me know if there’s any sensitive family situations so I can do my best to work with or around them. For example, if I know that there’s 4 sets of Parents, I’ll know to make sure I get images of each set etc.
- ENJOY YOURSELF! By the time your wedding day has arrived what’s done is done and what isn’t isn’t. So leave the stress behind and focus on what this day is really about – you and your partner.
- PLEASE, please, please if your dress is strapless – don’t wear a bra for at least 24 hours prior to the wedding! The last thing we want is red marks on your shoulders all day. Yes, I can remove them but it might mean waiting an extra few days for your gallery to be ready.
- Worry about other people – This is YOUR day, what you want goes. It doesn’t really matter if Uncle Bob doesn’t like Cousin Sam – they can suck it up for a photo or two. If you’ve gave me a heads up, I’ll even do my best not to stand them too close.
- Get too drunk before the ceremony! I know it’s easy to get carried away sipping champagne whilst you’re getting ready with your girls or boys but you want to make sure you’re able to make it down the isle and remember saying I do.
- Wear shoes you can’t move around in. Your wedding day is likely going to be a long day with a lot of standing and moving around. Choose your footwear carefully or have an evening shoe to change into.